What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an alternative to metal braces. It is designed to straighten teeth using a series of 18 to 30 custom made, almost invisible, removable aligners.
The Invisalign procedure
Before a treatment can take place, an impression of the teeth will be taken to confirm if they can be straightened using the Invisalign treatment.
If it is possible, then our virtual 3D computer imaging will develop a series of movements the teeth may go through during the course of the treatment. This will give you an idea of the expected outcome of your teeth after undergoing the Invisalign treatment even before it can begin.
If you are happy with what the Invisalign treatment can offer you, our team of dental professionals at DC Dental will begin the treatment.
The Invisalign treatment consists of custom made aligners that are made using modern 3-D computer imaging to fit specifically onto your teeth. Your teeth will then begin moving gradually towards the projected final position and will need to be replaced with new aligners every 2 weeks.
It is important for you to attend regular check-ups to monitor the progress of your treatment and ensure that you are comfortable.
This treatment can take between 9-15 months to complete depending on the complexity of each straightening issue.
What are the Pros of the Invisalign treatment?
- The aligners are almost invisible.
- There are no metal brackets or wires to tighten.
- They are easy and comfortable to use.
- They are removable allowing you to brush your teeth without any hassle.
- They can be pain free.
- They can be kept clean and are hygienic.
- Any food or drinks can be consumed while on this treatment
What are the cons of Invisalign treatment?
- Not suitable for serious dental problems.
- It is only available for adults and teens, not children.
- It is more expensive than alternate orthodontic treatments.
- It can be lost easily because it is removable
- It is too costly to replace once misplaced.
Invisalign provider in Highland Park and Robina
if you would like to know more about Invisalign, or to book an appointment, please contact us today.